10 Must-See Live TV Show Tapings in NYC
December 8, 2015
Have you ever wondered where your favorite talk shows get their audiences? You might assume that getting to see Jimmy Fallon live or being part of a Rachael Ray gift giveaway costs a pretty penny, right? Wrong! These shows are filmed live in New York City and offer free public tickets to tapings. Check out how to get tickets to 10 of the hottest live-taped shows in town below. You might see your favorite daytime and late night hosts in person before you know it!
1. Saturday Night Live (30 Rockefeller Plaza at 48th St)- Tickets are given away via lottery by sending your contact information to [email protected] in August. But if you missed the cut off, don’t worry! Standby tickets for the 8pm dress rehearsal or 11:30pm live broadcast are given out Saturdays at 7am. Be prepared to camp out the night before!
2. The Late Show with Stephen Colbert (1697 Broadway) – You can reserve a ticket online but get to the Ed Sullivan Theater early! No one will be allowed to join the line past 3:15, and most fans arrive between 12-2pm for the best seats.
3. The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon (30 Rockefeller Plaza at 49th St) – Tickets are released a month in advance. Sign up for your preferred date and you’ll be contacted if your reservation is processed. Through the ticket website, you can also sign up to watch Jimmy’s monologue rehearsals!
4. Late Night with Seth Meyers (30 Rockefeller Plaza at 49th St) – If you can’t get a ticket online, the show offers standby tickets on the mornings of tapings at 9am. Any leftover tickets will be available at The Shop at NBC Studios, including tickets to see Seth’s monologue rehearsal.
5. Today (Rockefeller Center between 48th and 49th St) – No tickets necessary! The show tapes Monday through Friday at 7am in Rockefeller Plaza, but don’t be surprised if crowds start forming up to 3 hours earlier!
6. Good Morning America (44th and Broadway) – No tickets necessary! Taping begins at 7am Monday through Friday, with crowds forming an hour beforehand.
7. Live with Kelly & Michael (W 67th St and Columbus Ave) – Tickets are released in one-month blocks about a month prior to taping, but standby tickets are available at 7am outside the studio as well.
8. The View (57 W 66th St) – Tickets can be reserved online and you will be contacted 3-4 weeks prior to taping confirming your reservation. Standby tickets are available at 9:30am outside the studio as well.
9. The Rachael Ray Show (221 W 26th St) – After filling out the online form, an audience representative will contact you with available taping dates. Standby tickets are also available, but because the show has up to 3 tapings a day, check the website for suggested arrival times. And the producers have a very strict dress code, so check the guidelines online.
10. The Chew (30 W 67th St) – Choose a date from the website and you will be contacted 1-2 weeks beforehand if your reservation has been processed. Standby tickets are also available 90 minutes prior to showtime.