Take a leisurely walking tour through Central Park, NYC’s most famous backdrop.
HORROR MOVIE LOCATION TOUR IN NEW YORK
- Private tour All Ages
Horror Movie Location Tour by On Location Tours
On Location Tours has launched a spooktacular Horror Movie Location Walking Tour, featuring locations from various horror films shot in the Upper West Side!
What will you see on this tour:
- Begin your creepy journey at The Greyshot Arch, as seen in monster film Cloverfield
- Take a photo in front of The Dakota, the famously brooding, gothic apartment building in Rosemary’s Baby
- Catch some ghosts at Spook Central, the real building as seen in Ghostbusters
- Do a double-take in front of The Ansonia, the apartment building featured in psychological thriller Single White Female
- Solve a true crime at the apartment building as seen in mystery series Only Murders in the Building
- Buy a book at the iconic bookstore used as a backdrop for many scenes of You
- Learn some Italian at The New York Historical Society, as seen in The House by the Cemetery
Tour is available as a self-guided tour after Halloween. Self-guided tour tickets are $15 each.
The tour begins in Central Park, the most filmed location in New York City. The first location is Greyshot Arch, which was featured in disaster-film Cloverfield. Central Park is a combination of lush woodland, lakes, gardens and rocky areas. It is the biggest park in The United States, it is even bigger than some countries. Would you dare to get lost in Central Park?
On the verge of Central Park and the Upper West Side is The Green Tavern. This restaurant has been featured in many movies, under which Ghostbusters. Rick Moranis was attacked here and became the key master.
From the mysterious Central Park we go to the sparkly and cozy Upper East Side. The first stop is The Prasada, home to three bachelors from Three Men and a Baby. But wait.. remember the rumor of the boy? The neighborhood might not be so sparkly after all.
The Upper West Side has seen many updates. A lot of the special buildings that we see on this tour, replaced other interesting buildings that do not exist anymore. Perfect setting for a reincarnation movie like Audrey Rose, right? While we walk past locations of several horror movies, we will also see locations of several series ‘You’. Do you know what Joe did in Peach’s townhouse?
The Dakota, just like Tavern on the Green, has been featured in many movies, so a horror movie couldn’t miss out. You will also walk past a location of The House by the Cemetery and you will visit Christian Bateman’s apartment from American Psycho. We end the tour at another apartment building. The building from the recently released Only Murderers in the Building.
TOUR STOPS AND DETAILS
Yes, the vehicle will stop a few times throughout the tour to let guests off and walk around, as well as visit some of the locations.
This tour is for all ages.
No, our buses do not have two decks. Depending on the size of your group, your tour might be in a coach bus, mini bus, Sedan, SUV, or sprinter.
Please email [email protected] at least 24 hours in advance of the tour to request a wheelchair-accessible vehicle.