Top 10 Romantic Movie Quotes
February 11, 2015
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner! There’s no better way to get into a lovey-dovey mood than reminiscing on romantic movie moments. We’ve put together a list of our Top 10 Romantic Movie Quotes. Comment below to let us know your favorite quote and if it made our list!
10. “Love isn’t about ridiculous little words. Love is about grand gestures. Love is about airplanes pulling banners over stadiums, proposals on jumbo-trons, giant words in skywriting. Love is about going that extra mile even if it hurts, letting it all hang out there. Love is about finding courage inside of you that you didn’t even know was there.” – Gabe Burton (Josh Hutcherson) Little Manhattan
9. “But for now, let me say, without hope or agenda, just because it’s Christmas (and at Christmas you tell the truth): to me, you are perfect.” – Mark (Andrew Lincoln) Love Actually
8. “People do fall in love. People do belong to each other, because that’s the only chance anybody’s got for real happiness.” – Paul Varjak (George Peppard) Breakfast at Tiffany’s
7. “Is this a habit of yours? Falling off of stuff?” – Giselle (Amy Adams)
“Only when you’re around to catch me.” – Robert Philip (Patrick Dempsey) Enchanted
6. “So how does it happen, great love? Nobody knows… but what I can tell you is that it happens in the blink of an eye. One moment you’re enjoying your life, and the next you’re wondering how you ever lived without them.” – Alex “Hitch” Hitchens (Will Smith) Hitch
5. “Don’t forget me.” – Luce (Lena Headey)
“I won’t remember anything else.” – Rachel (Piper Perabo) Imagine Me & You
4. “It was a million tiny little things that, when you added them all up, they meant we were supposed to be together. And I knew it. I knew it the very first time I touched her. It was like coming home, only to no home I’d ever known. I was just taking her hand to help her out of a car and I knew. It was like…magic.” – Sam Baldwin (Tom Hanks) Sleepless in Seattle
3. “I wanted it to be you. I wanted it to be you so badly.” – Kathleen Kelly (Meg Ryan) You’ve Got Mail
2. “I’ve just spent the entire flight staring into the sky, thinking. Not about my fiancé, but about this mystery guy I met a million and a half hours ago, a guy I don’t even remember except for this vague picture I have inside my head. It was just a few seconds – a fragment, really. And it was like in that moment, the whole universe existed just to bring us together.” – Sara Thomas (Kate Beckinsale) Serendipity
1. “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” – Harry Burns (Billy Crystal) When Harry Met Sally
Want to see your favorite romantic comedies come to life? Hop on our new Romantic Movie Moments Tour and relive the most memorable scenes from decades of beloved rom-coms.
About the writer: Anjuli has been a TV/movie fangirl for as long as she can remember and a loyal OLTer since she was 16. She loves most television shows, but some of her favorites are Friends, How I Met Your Mother, Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, The Blacklist, and Person of Interest. She enjoys tracking down productions on the streets of NYC and probably spends too much time thinking about the lives of fictional characters.