Holiday Lights & Movie Sites
When: Nov 28 - Jan 1 on Thursday, Friday & Sunday at 5:30pm & Saturday at 5:30pm & 7pm (availability subject to change)
Where: The Shops at Columbus Circle
Cost: Adult: $36 + $2 ticket fee, Child: $26 + $2 fee
Duration: Approximately 2.5 hours
Purchase by phone: (212) 913-9780
Advance purchase required.
- Peek into the brilliant holiday windows at Bloomingdales, Lord & Taylor, Barneys, and the same Macy’s you’ll remember from Miracle on 34th Street.
- Catch a glimpse of the famed tree in Rockefeller Center where Macaulay Culkin reunites with his mom in Home Alone 2.
- Pass through Central Park and reminisce the serendipitous moment John Cusack and Kate Beckinsale had at Wollman Rink in Serendipity.
- See the apartment where Buddy the Elf stays with his Dad during his visit to New York City in Elf.
- Witness the electrifying storefront displays as you’re guided down Fifth Avenue, passing swanky shops like Tiffany & Co., where Zac Efron takes Michelle Pfeiffer in New Year's Eve.
- Enjoy a photo-op in front of the tree at Lincoln Center and learn where Bill Murray found out his taxi driver was the Ghost of Christmas Past in Scrooged.
Take a guided bus tour to see the spectacular holiday lights and movie sites in New York City, the most filmed city in the world. Relax as your tour guide, a local actor or actress entertains and informs you throughout this one-of-a-kind NYC sightseeing experience.
See how New York City sparkles during the holidays as you spot iconic landmarks and you’re guided to some of the city’s hidden gems. You’ll visit the locations where your favorite holiday movies were filmed and match them to movie clips you’ll see on screen along the way! Whether you’re visiting New York or looking for a unique holiday experience in your hometown, this sightseeing excursion is sure to spread holiday cheer!
Your NYC holiday sightseeing adventure begins in Columbus Circle where you'll receive a VIP Shopping Pass with exclusive deals and offers for The Shops at Columbus Circle. Pick up your pass as early as 4 PM to give yourself plenty of time for holiday shopping and to enjoy your VIP status. From there, we'll hop on the tour bus and head up Central Park West, home to the annual commencement of the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade, where you’ll reminisce on filming locations from Elf, Mr. Popper’s Penguins and more!
Journey through the Upper West Side to relive holiday scenes from Scrooged and New Year’s Eve as your guide leads you to Lincoln Center where you’ll have a chance to take photos with the Lincoln Center Christmas tree and decor as your backdrop.
Pass through Central Park while you enjoy clips from countless holiday classics that were filmed on location in the park, like where Harry and Marv discuss their plans to rob a toy store on Christmas Eve at Wollman Rink in Home Alone 2 and Santa’s collision with Bethesda Fountain in Elf.
Your guide will lead you through the Upper East Side to Serendipity 3, the restaurant where Sara (Kate Beckinsale) and Jonathan Trager (John Cusack) share the famous Frrrozen Hot Chocolate before making a stop at Bloomingdales to take a peek at the department store’s celebrated holiday window displays.
When you return to the bus, you’ll continue the tour through midtown Manhattan to view more of the city’s most renowned displays of the season that you’ll recognize from Eloise at Christmastime, The Family Man and much more while of course, making your way right through Rockefeller Center for a spectacular view of the most famous Christmas tree in New York seen in Home Alone 2, Noel and Elf.
You’ll continue down Fifth Avenue making a stop to see the windows at Lord & Taylor before ending the tour at the world famous Macy’s in Herald Square, home to the real Santa in Miracle on 34th Street.
* Please note, the Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree will be lit for the first time on Wednesday, December 3, 2014.* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guide know and we will do our best to accomodate your request.