Take a leisurely walking tour through Central Park, NYC’s most famous backdrop.
- Adults (Online Special)
- Children (Online Special)
- Adult Premium Seating Includes preboarding and guaranteed seating in one of first 4 rows!
- Children Premium Seating Includes preboarding and guaranteed seating in one of first 4 rows!
- Lap Child Ages 5 and under
- Private Bus Buyout Reserve the entire bus for 2 - 22 close family or friends!
- Limo Buyout Reserve the entire limo for 2 - 5 close family or friends!
When Harry Met Seinfeld Tour
Our When Harry Met Seinfeld Tour will show a different side of filming in Manhattan, through the lens of some beloved characters. Hundreds of locations north of Times Square have been featured on the big and small screens, but are so often overshadowed by more popular neighborhoods.
Beginning north of Times Square and heading through the beautiful and historic Upper West Side and Upper East Side, fans of all ages will experience a New York City they’ve seen on screen but may have missed on family vacations and school field trips.
With over 40 locations and inside industry knowledge this is the perfect way to check out all that Uptown has to offer, all from the comfort of an indoor bus with AC in the summer and heat in the winter!
What Will You See On This Tour?
- Stop at Monk’s Diner from Seinfeld.
- Spot locations from the romantic classic When Harry Met Sally.
- See where the Bardon Bellas perform in Pitch Perfect.
- Visit the café where Meg Ryan waits for her date in You’ve Got Mail.
- See the museum featured in Men in Black, Mr. Popper’s Penguins and When in Rome.
- Pass the townhouse where Fran Fine and the Sheffields lived in The Nanny.
- Explore locations from Netflix’s You, How I Met Your Mother, Trainwreck, Black Swan, Cruel Intentions and more.
- See Café Luxembourg from When Harry Met Sally.
- Sit on the Met steps featured in Gossip Girl and Ocean’s 8.
- See the Valmont Mansion, home to Sebastian and Katherine in Cruel Intentions.
- 55th Street between 8th Ave. & Broadway (exact location given at time of purchase)
TOUR STOPS & DETAILS
Your adventure begins north of Times Square at McGee’s Pub, the inspiration for MacLaren’s on How I Met Your Mother. Weaving down the crowded avenues you’ll see the original “Soup Man,” from Seinfeld (still possibly the best soup in NYC), and north up 8th Avenue.
Christopher Columbus stands center in Columbus Circle as the point all distances from New York are measured and is easily recognized in Ghostbuster’s, When in Rome, Crocodile Dundee, and many more films.
Surrounding the circle is Trump Tower, the Time Warner Center, and the Maine Memorial, spotted in Tower Heist, The Other Guys, and Enchanted.
Cruising up Broadway away from the fanfare of Columbus Circle, the next landmark you can’t miss will be the famed Lincoln Center. The fountain positioned center among Lincoln Plaza has been featured countless times since the Centers completion in the 1960s.
Unmistakable in Moonstruck, Sweet Home Alabama, Glee, and most recently Pitch Perfect, the center has featured hundreds of performances and events, both real and scripted.
Jerry Seinfeld and his gang called the Upper West Side home, showcasing many neighborhood hotspots over the years. From now closed H&H Bagels to Gray’s Papaya, where you can still grab an NYC hot dog for cheap, these guys knew how to hang.
Their favorite spot to hang out – and our second stop – is “Monks,” a.k.a. Tom’s Restaurant featured in almost every episode of Seinfeld.
Another true fan of the Upper West Side neighborhood was famous writer Nora Ephron, who found these quiet streets a perfect setting for her romantic comedies.
We’ll visit UWS staples like Zabar’s, Café Luxembourg, and stop for coffee at Café Lalo. Featured in You’ve Got Mail and When Harry Met Sally, you’ll feel right at home among these locations.
Turning east you’ll head along 110th Street, the northern edge of Central Park, into the Upper East Side. Featured in hundreds of productions for its beautiful mansions, world-renowned museums, and of course Madison Avenue shopping.
Museum Mile is home to ten museums and featured in far too many movies and TV shows to mention at once. You’ll recognize the City of the Museum of New York as Constance Billard School in Gossip Girl. Down the road is the Guggenheim Museum where Isaac and Mary meet in Woody Allen’s Manhattan.
Most famous of all is The Metropolitan Museum of Art and more importantly, “The Met Steps.” Our third and final stop, thousands of people a day sit on these steps, just like Blair on Gossip Girl and Albert (Kevin James) in Hitch. Inside is the Egyptian Room where Harry and Sally realize their love for one another in When Harry Met Sally.
Among these cultural institutions are the mansions, townhomes, and penthouses of Upper East Side residents. Many are indistinguishable from museums and would take an art theft to afford.
The Valmont Mansion is the home of Sebastian and Katherine Valmont (Ryan Philippe and Sarah Michelle Gellar) in Cruel Intentions, and around the corner was the Sheffields’ mansion on The Nanny.
To complete your UES experience the tour passes Barney’s NY, where Elaine from Seinfeld and Jack from Will & Grace both worked as employees. (Actual employees are far more attentive).
Crossing over 59th Street you’ll be officially leaving Uptown Manhattan and in front of the most filmed building in the world, the Plaza Hotel. Featured in films like The Way We Were, Almost Famous, American Hustle, and Home Alone 2 the building is a never-ending classic. Out front is the Pulitzer fountain, inspiration for the fountain the cast of Friends dance in during the opening credits.
Heading into midtown traffic you’ll pass another Trump Tower, a fitting setting as Wayne Enterprises in The Dark Knight Rises and Jordan Belfort’s (Leonardo DiCaprio) penthouse in Wolf of Wall Street.
Down the block and one of our last locations is the St. Regis Hotel, famous for where Agent Gracie (Sandra Bullock) learns to turn walking into “gliding.”
Don’t miss out on your chance to see these and many other locations featured on the When Harry Met Seinfeld Tour: a look at TV & movie locations above Times Square.
* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guide know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.