Take a leisurely walking tour through Central Park, NYC’s most famous backdrop.
- Adult - Premium Seating Includes preboarding and guaranteed seating in one of first 4 rows!
- Private Bus Buyout Reserve the entire bus for 2 - 22 close family or friends!
- Limo Buyout Reserve the entire limo for 2 - 5 close family or friends!
Sex And The City Tour
On this guided Sex and the City tour, follow in the footsteps of Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda – drink where they drank, shop where they shopped, and gossip where they gossiped.
This tour includes more than 40 locations from the show, and you’ll enjoy all of it from the comfort of an indoor bus with AC in the summer and heat in the winter.
Whether you’re a Sex and the City fan eager to learn more about your favorite show or a tourist looking for an entertaining way to see Manhattan’s best neighborhoods, the Sex and the City Hotspots tour is a must-do!
While many of the interior scenes were shot at Silver Cup Studios in Long Island City, much of the series was shot “on location,” making New York City itself the fifth star of HBO’s Sex and the City. In addition to seeing the sites from the show and movies, you also have exclusive access to special discounts.
What Will You See On This Tour?
- Visit the site of Carrie and Big’s wedding rehearsal dinner
- Walk past Carrie’s famous brownstone stoop
- Hop into the Pleasure Chest where Charlotte buys her “Rabbit”
- Scout the bar owned by Steve and Aidan
- Reminisce about Miranda’s embarrassing underwear moment in the Village
- Venture into the trendy neighborhood, MePa, where the girls frequent
- Pass the café where Samantha invites the girls to Abu Dhabi
- Get some retail therapy like Carrie & Co. at Greenwich Village boutiques
- Indulge in cupcakes like when Carrie confides in Miranda about Aidan
- Near 5th Ave. and 58th St. (exact location given upon purchase)
TOUR STOPS & DETAILS
Leaving from a classic Midtown site, the Sex and the City tour begins with glamorous Manhattan destinations. Perhaps the most famous is The Plaza Hotel, where Carrie Bradshaw said goodbye to Mr. Big and also where Mr. Big hosted his engagement party – to another girl! Continuing down New York’s famous Fifth Avenue, we’ll people watch, window shop, and catch up on all the latest gossip, from the SATC movie to the actresses’ lives and everything in between.
In Midtown, you’ll also see on the Sex and the City Hotspots Tour:
- The upscale restaurant where Samantha Jones met her senior citizen millionaire
- The storied jeweler where Charlotte York picked her engagement ring
- The New York Public Library, site of the would-be wedding of Carrie and Big
- The chi-chi department store where the ladies discussed Alexander Petrovsky
- The quaint church where Samantha wooed “the Friar”
- ABC Carpet & Home, where Charlotte and Bunny McDougal fought over a bed
For a change of scene, we’ll check out Greenwich Village and SoHo. These unique, trendy neighborhoods are home to many of the ladies’ favorite up-and-coming, little-known haunts – and we’ll give you the lowdown on the best of them!
We’ll sample cupcakes like the ones Carrie and Miranda stuffed into their mouths. Spend time walking through this beautiful area of New York and shop in one-of-a-kind boutiques along Bleecker Street. Our New York tours take you where the celebrities live, eat, and play.
- Carrie’s brownstone apartment stoop
- The expensive men’s clothing store where Miranda took Steve shopping for a new suit
- The shop where Charlotte bought her “Rabbit”
- Aidan’s Furniture Company
- The bakery where Carrie and Miranda ate cupcakes
- Charlotte’s gym
- Boutiques along Bleecker Street – these could include Marc Jacobs, Ralph Lauren, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Toosh, James Perse, Brunello Cucinelli, Fresh, Lulu Guinness, Creed, Mulberry, Olive and Bette, and more!
Please note: we stop for a 20-minute shopping break at the boutiques on Bleecker Street and then we’ll refuel with a cupcake!
After your walk around historic Greenwich Village, we’ll head over to Scout, the bar Aidan and Steve opened on the show, to sip some cosmos (if you so desire) and relax a bit.
On the Sex and the City tour, you will also pass by the Meatpacking District where you will see sites from the Sex and the City series as well as the Sex and the City: The Movie. You will see the famous modern Asian cuisine restaurant, Buddakan, where Carrie and Big’s rehearsal dinner took place in the movie.
Stand in the lounge at Buddakan where Big gave Carrie her last “single girl kiss.” Don’t miss the chance to shop where Sarah Jessica Parker modeled for the iconic designer’s clothes during a shoot for Sex and the City: The Movie at Diane Von Furstenberg.
You will also pass by:
- Scoop’s stores from Sex and the City
- Don’t miss the upscale and classy clothing stores such as Stella McCartney and Jeffrey’s.
- Los Dados: the Mexican restaurant where Carrie got stood up by a blind date!
If you’re a fashionista like the lovely Carrie Bradshaw, look no further for details on the best department stores, boutiques, and designer shops in New York!
Sometimes it seemed like the only thing Carrie did was shop, and we’ll show you some of her favorite sources. Remember Charlotte’s favorite shoe store, or the Manolos Carrie lost at her friend’s party?
As we drive around Manhattan, on the New York City Tours, we’ll point out the best boutiques and stores in NYC including Jimmy Choo, Manolo Blahnik, Patricia Field, Lulu Guinness, Jaime Mascaro, Bergdorf Goodman, Tiffany & Co., Henri Bendel, Takashimaya, Fortunoff, Saks Fifth Avenue, Lord & Taylor, Diane Von Furstenberg and more!
Looking for a great girlfriend getaway? Look no further than On Location Tours customized Sex and the City Hotspots Limousine Tours. These excursions are perfect for bachelorette parties and Hen’s nights. These are New York sightseeing tours with a twist (and a Rabbit!). There are four different packages to choose from, one for every budget!
* Please note, this is an “R-Rated” tour, based on the HBO series.
* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guide know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
This is an “R-Rated” tour, based on the HBO series; adult language is used and adult situations discussed. Additionally, tour participants under the age of 17 must be accompanied by an adult of at least 18 years of age. Please also keep in mind that a couple of the stops on the tour – a few bars and other establishments – do have their own age minimums, and it is up to the discretion of these establishments whom to allow in.