Straddle fiction and reality as you visit famous sites from both the big and small screen.
Andie Anderson (Kate Hudson) works at a women’s magazine in New York City, and one day she decides to write an article about how to lose a guy in 10 days. Her plan is to find a guy and make some classic mistakes most women make when they start dating someone.
At the same time, advertising executive Benjamin “Ben” Berry (Matthew McConaughey) makes a bet at work that he can make a woman fall in love with him within 10 days. If he succeeds, his boss will let him lead the advertising for a new diamond company. Since both lead characters live in New York, many of the filming locations from the movie can be seen on the NYC TV & Movie Tour.
Thanks to Ben’s rival co-workers, who have already heard about Andie’s upcoming article, they decide to set up Ben to have him test his theory on her.
How to Lose a Guy in Ten Days was released in 2003 and directed by Donald Petrie. Here are a few of the spots that can be seen in the movie.
- Towards the beginning of the movie, Ben is trying to get through traffic on his motorcycle before he parks it right outside of his office, which is located on East 26th and Madison Avenue, Manhattan.
- Andie takes Ben to a Knicks game at Madison Square Garden on Seventh Avenue
- They go to the movies at Cinema Village on 22 East 12th Street
- There is one scene in the movie when Andie and Ben take a ride together on the famous Staten Island Ferry
- The romantic motorcycle ride took place at Franklin D. Roosevelt Boardwalk and Beach in Staten Island
- Ben finally calls Andie’s bluff on the Manhattan Bridge
* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guide know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.