Straddle fiction and reality as you visit famous sites from both the big and small screen! See a mix of nostalgic locations from Friends, Seinfeld, When Harry Met Sally, and more.
OCEAN'S 8 FILMING LOCATIONS
Eight woman led by Debbie Ocean (Sandra Bullock), younger sister of the late Danny Ocean, are attempting an impossible heist at New York City’s annual Met Gala.
After Debbie Oceans gets out of prison, she meets with her former partner-in-crime Lou (Cate Blanchett) to persuade her to join a heist. Debbie planned the heist in her years she was locked up in prison. After she convinces Lou to join her team, they start to form a team with a special set of skills. The team consists of Rose Weil (Helena Bonham Carter) who has debts with IRS, Amita (Mindy Kaling) who makes jewelry and desperately wants to move out from her mother’s house, Nine Ball (Rihanna), a hacker, Constance (Awkwafina), a street hustler and pickpocket, and Tammy (Sarah Paulson), a friend of Debbie’s who is secretly selling stolen goods from her garage in a suburban home and cannot let go of her past.
Debbie’s plan is to steal the Toussaint, a $150 million Cartier necklace, during the New York City’s annual Met Gala. They want to use Met Gala co-host Daphne Kluger (Anne Hathaway) to steal the diamond. Daphne will wear the necklace during the Gala and without her knowing they will change the real Toussaint with a fake one. Since the film centers around a heist at the Met, you can bet that there are plenty of filming locations to see in New York City, many of which you can see on the NYC TV & Movie Tour and the When Harry Met Seinfeld Tour.
- The heist takes place in The Metropolitan Museum of Art (MET), the biggest part of the movie takes place here. The Met is located at 1000 5th Avenue., Manhattan.
- In the East Village located restaurant Veselka, Debbie and Lou have breakfast to go over the plan for the first time. Debbie convinces Lou to join the team and steal the diamond here. Veselka is located at 144 2nd Ave., Manhattan
- The planning of the heist takes place in a modern church converted loft. Bushwick United Methodist Church is located at 1139 Bushwick Ave., Brooklyn.
- When Debbie is trying to convince jewelry expert Amita, she goes to Queens to give her an offer she can’t refuse. The street is located at 74th street in Queens.
- The first shot of the movie starts with Debbie coming out of prison. The facility in which they shot this scene is now closed and only used for the movie. Arthur Kill Correctional Facility is located in Staten Island. She then continues to the Plaza Hotel, on Central Park South and Fifth Avenue.
- The Cartier Mansion is where the necklace is designed and later replaced, located on Fifth Avenue.
* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guide know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.