After landing her dream job as a music journalist with Rolling Stones in California, Jenny (Gina Rodriguez) finds herself in tears, ranting to a complete stranger (Michelle Buteau) at a subway station. The New York City gal had just been broken up with by her boyfriend Nate (Lakeith Stanfield) of 9 years after he rejected the idea of having a long-distance relationship.
Erin (DeWanda Wise) and Blair (Brittany Snow) call in sick after finding out their best friend’s heart had just been broken. The three decide to have one last adventure together before Jenny leaves for her big break on the west coast and they spend the day trying to acquire tickets to a concert series called The Neon Classic. While the three venture out in city to get Nate off Jenny’s mind, Jenny can’t help but have flashbacks about moments she and Nate shared as a couple. From the first ‘I love you’ to marking their “spot” at the fountain in Washington Square Park, Jenny fears that she won’t be able to get over him.
Throughout their day in NYC and also in Jenny’s flashbacks, there are a number of visible filming locations in the Netflix film. Some of them include:
- The opening scene, where Jenny cries to the stranger next to her, asking why would her boyfriend break up with her, takes place at President Street station, where the 2 and 5 trains run.
- Jenny and Nate’s spot is at the fountain in Washington Square Park. The 9.75 acre park in Greenwich Village is a place where many New Yorkers go on a hot summer day to dip their feet in. This has been seen in movies such as When Harry Met Sally and The Avengers franchise.
- In Jenny’s flashbacks throughout the movies, the couple can be seen hanging out by East Broadway and Brooklyn Bridge Park.
- The Neon Classic where Jenny sees Nate for the first time since they broke up is at the famous Sony Hall in Hell’s Kitchen
- The three gals can be seen walking past some of New York’s well-known neighborhoods such as SoHo, short for South of Houston Street, and The Lower East Side.
* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guide know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.