MADE IN NY: 2014 OSCAR NOMINEES
The 2014 Oscar Nominations have been announced! Among the vast pool of talented nominees are a few productions which filmed right here in New York City. In honor of these award-worthy films, we’ve pulled together a list of some of the exterior locations you can spot on screen for The Wolf of Wall Street, American Hustle, Blue Jasmine, and Inside Llewyn Davis.
The Wolf of Wall Street
(starring Leonardo DiCaprio, Jonah Hill, and Margot Robbie)
Richard Corkery/New York Daily News
– Shalimar Diner (6368 Austin St, Queens) — Donnie (Jonah Hill) approaches Jordan (Leonardo DiCaprio) and asks him for a job. In a later scene, Jordan recruits his friends to work for Stratton Oakmont.
– Rao’s Restaurant (455 E 114th St) — Jordan meets with his P.I. here and learns he is being investigated by the FBI.
– Top of the Sixes (41st Fl of 666 Fifth Ave) — Mark Hanna (Matthew McConaughey) takes Jordan our to lunch on his first day working at LF Rothschild. The restaurant closed in 1996. LF Rothschild was based in the same building as Top of the Sixes in real life.
– The Milan (300 E 55th St) — Building’s penthouse used as Jordan’s apartment before he buys a mansion on Long Island.
– Nassau St, Financial District — Jordan exits MTA bus in the opening scene for his first day of work at LF Rothschild, right near the New York Stock Exchange
Inside Llewyn Davis
(starring Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan, and John Goodman)
– Caffe Reggio (119 MacDougal St) — Llewyn meets Jean (Carey Mulligan)
– 422 E 9th St — used as exteriors for the Gaslight Cafe, originally located in basement of 116 MacDougal St. Gaslight Cafe was open from 1958-1971 and hosted such famous acts as Bob Dylan and poet Alan Ginsberg
– Caffe Vivaldi (32 Jones St)– Llewyn spots the stray cat from inside this coffee shop.
– Christopher St subway — Llewyn exits subway holding the stray cat
(starring Christian Bale, Amy Adams, Bradley Cooper, Jennifer Lawrence, and Jeremy Renner)
– The Plaza — Richie (Bradley Cooper) attempts to bribe Carmine (Jeremy Renner) with a suitcase full of money. Carmine declines, but Irving (Christian Bale) catches him outside and changes his tune.
(starring Cate Blanchett, Alec Baldwin, Peter Sarsgaard)
– Mauboussin (714 Madison Ave)–Jasmine browses jewelry with a friend and dreads the visit from her lower class sister, Ginger, and brother-in-law, Augie
– Fendi (677 5th Avenue)–Jasmine is visibly embarrassed by Ginger’s excitement over the designer handbags
– South Street Seaport–Jasmine coaxes Ginger and Augie to visit the seaport so that she can attend a social event without them
– Walker St between Broadway and 6th–Ginger sees Jasmine’s husband with another woman on this corner
We can’t wait to see who the winners of the 86th Annual Academy Awards will be on Sunday, March 2nd! For a chance to visit some of the above locations in person, be sure to check out our TV & movie location sightseeing tours.