Join On Location Tours as they introduce a hilarious way to see the city with The Comedy Tour of NYC!
When a group of young friends from New York (Michael Stahl-David, Mike Vogel, and Odette Yustman) enjoy a nice going away party, the night turns around. A creature the size of a skyscraper building comes upon the city, killing and destroying everything in its way. The friends record everything on a handheld video camera, so we are seeing their night go down in flames, along with New York City.
The cast also includes Lizzy Caplan, T.J. Miller, Jessica Lucas and Ben Fedlman.
The movie was primarily filmed in various locations around New York City.
- Some very recognizable landmarks featured in the film include the Brooklyn Bridge and Times Square.
- Several scenes were shot in lower Manhattan.
- The iconic shot of the monster roaring with smoke and debris surrounding it was filmed at the intersection of Willian and Wall Streets.
- The characters also ventured a lot through Midtown Manhattan. Some scenes were filmed around Park Ave and the Grand Central Terminal area.
- The amusement park scene took place in Brooklyn along with the boardwalk and the Wonder Wheel.
Some fun facts about the film include that the producers wanted to make the audience feel like they were there, which is why they decided upon the handheld camera style. At the MTV Movie Awards in 2008, Cloverfield was nominated for Best Fight for the scene between the monster and the military.
TAKE THE TOURS THAT FEATURE SOME OF THESE FILMING LOCATIONS!
This curated, self-guided tour features locations from the beloved Nicholas Sparks movie, The Notebook & Dear John. Explore the day as Noah and Allie and stroll through scenic Charleston, SC.
Explore the infamous Windy City with On Location Tours’ Chicago Suburbs Movie Sites Tour! See the city’s staple locations from the view of the director’s chair as you cruise down the streets of Chi-Town in a private vehicle as you follow in the footsteps of the stars who once filmed there.
Take a ride on the official The Real Housewives of New York City Tour with Bravo and On Location Tours to get the ultimate, one-of-a-kind “Real Housewives” experience.