Take a leisurely walking tour through Central Park, NYC’s most famous backdrop! See over 30 locations from your favorite titles like Serendipity, Enchanted, Isn’t it Romantic, and more!
LUKE CAGE FILMING LOCATIONS
Many of us have trouble running from our past, apparently even superheroes. Netflix’s original series Marvel’s Luke Cage follows the story of a convict turned superhero. Along with Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Daredevil, Luke Cage is a part of the Marvel Universe on Netflix, coming together as one fourth of The Defenders. Locations from all of these shows can be seen on The Super Tour of NYC.
Luke Cage, who is played by Mike Colter, develops superhuman strength and impenetrable skin after a prison experiment gone wrong. Cage uses his new abilities to help rebuild his home city, Harlem, and clear his name. That rebuilding involves beating up petty criminals and helping local law enforcement restore order in the streets. Along this new journey, Cage is tempted by villains like Black Mariah (Alfre Woodard) and Cottonmouth (Mahershala Ali) to return to a life of wrongdoing. This action packed show explores how Cage navigates through his new life and avoids falling into old or tempting habits.
Mike Colter, originally from South Carolina, is best known for his role in the popular films Million Dollar Baby and Men in Black 3. Notable TV shows include Law and Order: Criminal Intent and The Good Wife. He earned his Bachelor’s degree in theater from the University of South Carolina in 1999 and for his role in Luke Cage, he has been nominated for Best Hero at the MTV Movie and TV Awards.
Seeing as the TV show is set in Harlem, many of the exterior shots are taken in Harlem and other parts of NYC.
- One recurring location throughout the series is Pop’s Barbershop. This is where Luke works in the beginning of the show. It is one of the few places where local gangs put their differences to the side, making it a safe zone. It is located on 181 Malcolm X Boulevard on the corner of 119th street.
- Cage spends some time in Seagate Prison for a crime that he insists he did not commit. While there, Luke is forced into illegal ring fights. These fights are filmed in the Roosevelt Island Steam Plant.
- Luke Cage and love interest, Claire Temple (Rosario Dawson), have dinner on the terrace of popular restaurant Red Rooster. The restaurant is located on Lenox Avenue and it is run by celebrity chef Marcus Samuelsson
- Luke is lured into Greenpoint Terminal to check out a mysterious shipment but is instead ambushed. He survives the explosion and walks away unharmed despite being shot at multiple times. The terminal is located on the border of Brooklyn and Queens.
* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guide know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.