Discover where your favorite superheroes from The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Jessica Jones and more saved the day.
THE AVENGERS FILMING LOCATIONS
The Avengers franchise is the star-studded heart of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. The release of the original film in 2012 was a superhero crossover event like no other, and the two sequels, Avengers: Age of Ultron (2015) and Avengers: Infinity War (2018), were even bigger and better. With all three Avengers films in the top ten of the highest grossing films of all time, there is no denying the appeal of the Marvel heroes.
The team initially consisted of Iron Man, Hulk, Thor, Captain America, Black Widow, and Hawkeye in The Avengers. Together, they defeat Loki in the now famous Battle of New York. In Avengers: Age of Ultron, the team must fight Ultron in Eastern European nation Sokovia, where Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Falcon, and War Machine join the team. In Infinity War, even more heroes join forces to fight Thanos: Doctor Strange, Spider-Man, Black Panther, Okoye, the Winter Soldier, Mantis, Drax, Destroyer, Gamora, Groot, Rocket, and Star-Lord. That’s a lot of superheroes!
Lucky for us, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) aka Iron Man’s Avengers headquarters are located right in New York City, so many of the Avengers’ stomping grounds can be seen on the Super Tour of NYC! Check out some notable Avengers sights right here in Manhattan:
- Pershing Square Café, the café where bystanders hide out for safety during the battle at the end of the first film
- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) summons the power of his hammer Mjolnir from the top of the Chrysler Building
- The Grand Central bridge entrance, where the original team of Avengers battles Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and the Kree aliens during the Battle of New York
- Stark Tower is actually the Met Life building, although the exterior shots utilize CGI to establish a different look
- After the heroes receive Loki’s scepter in Age of Ultron, they return to the Met Life building and meet Agent Hill (Cobie Smulders)
- The Queensboro Bridge is the setting of the scene in Infinity War when Spider-Man (Tom Holland) senses something is wrong and joins the fight
- The final scene in the 2012 first film takes place in Central Park, and you can see this exact spot on our Central Park Tour, as Thor takes Loki back to Asgard, Tony Stark drives off with Bruce Banner/Hulk (Mark Ruffalo), Captain America (Chris Evans) rides away on his motorcycle, and Black Widow (Scarlet Johansson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner) head off into the distance
Avengers: Endgame, released in April 2019, is already making huge waves at the box office. Ant-Man, The Wasp, and Captain Marvel are set to join the team, and for the fourth time in a row, the cast filmed on location in New York. Check back for updates!
* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guide know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.