10 New Year’s Resolutions Inspired by TV and Movies
It’s the time of year again where resolutions are being made. People are setting new goals for the upcoming year and telling themselves they will get better at the one thing that holds them back. A lot of our favorite TV and movie characters believe it or not go through the same thing. Here are 10 New Year’s resolutions you can make based off of TV shows and movies.
1. Be more Courageous. Take it from the hit sitcom FRIENDS. In the New Year’s Eve episode, Joey tries to muster up the courage to kiss his new roommate. If you have been wanting to do something you’ve been afraid to, take it from Joey Tribbiani and get courageous this year.
If you’re a big Friends Fan be sure to check out the NYC TV & Movie Tour which visits sites from the show including famous Friends Apartment from the opening credits on the show.
2. Make new friends. Based in the Upper East Side of New York City, Gossip Girl characters Blaire and Dan Humphrey become unlikely friends. You never know who you will end up being great friends with unless you try.
Spend a day living like Upper East Siders on the Gossip Girl Sites Tour which visits your favorite locations from the hit TV series Gossip Girl.
3. Be your own cheerleader. If there is one thing the cast of the hit comedy 30 Rock knows how to do, it’s be confident. Tracy, Liz Lemon and Jenna all have one thing in common, self confidence.
4. Be adventurous. In the wizard world adventures are had, magical friends are made. In Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them if Newt never went on his worldly excursion, he would have never had his great experiences and found his magical pets.
5. Manage Stress. Unless you’re Bruce Banner himself, The Incredible Hulk might not be the first thing you think about when you think of managing your stress. Nobody likes you when you’re angry and if Bruce Banner can control himself and possibly prevent millions of dollars in collateral damages then I think you can do it too.
If you love Superheroes, make sure to check out the The Super Tour of NYC to see you favorite sites from The Avengers, Captain America, and Spider-man movies, and a lot more!
6. Embrace change. In the classic coming of age chick flick 13 Going On 30. The main character played by Jennifer Garner wakes up one day 20 years older and although terrified and confused, learns to live with it and eventually thrive in it.
7. Help people. What does Peter Parker do when he gets bit by a radioactive spider? Instead of complain and keep his new secret powers to himself. He becomes your “friendly neighborhood Spider-man” and helps people all over New York City.
If you love Spider-man, make sure to check out the The Super Tour of NYC to see you favorite sites from the Spider-man movies and more!
8. Trust yourself. Go with your gut reaction more often, usually it’s right. If Sully didn’t go with his gut he would have never saved the people on the plane he was flying. There were repercussions but he did what he felt was right.
9. Don’t be afraid to fail. In How I Met Your Mother, Ted fails many many times before he meets “the one”, although at times Ted feels like giving up the hopeless romantic in him never let him quit in his search for his elusive soulmate.
If you’re a big How I Met Your Mother Fan be sure to check out the NYC TV & Movie Tour which visits sites from the show including the bar that inspired MacLarens on the show.
Fun Fact- Tour Goers Get a Discount at McGee’s
10. Take time for yourself. How to Be Single teaches you that it is okay to be single, and it is okay to spend time with yourself. Read a few new books, go on morning walks or have dinner with yourself. You never know what you’ll discover!