Discover where your favorite superheroes from The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Jessica Jones and more saved the day.
We all love a good superhero crossover. Marvel’s The Defenders is just that. In this series set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, the superheroes team up to form The Defenders. They include: Jessica Jones (Krysten Ritter), Luke Cage (Mike Colter), Iron Fist (Finn Jones), and Daredevil (Charlie Cox). They all work together to battle the recurring evil group known as the The Hand. The Hand is led by the evil crime boss Madame Gao, who appears in Iron Fist and briefly in Daredevil. Each of the heroes bring unique qualities and talents to the table, making this miniseries a very interesting one. You can see filming locations from The Defenders on The Super Tour of NYC!
The timeline of the series picks up from the second season of Daredevil and about a month after the first season of Iron Fist. To better understand the miniseries, it is recommended that you watch each of the heroes’ own series on Netflix. The Defenders begins with a focus on Iron Fist and his pursuit of the Hand. He travels to New York, which leads to him eventually teaming up with Luke Cage and the other heroes. As the show progresses, we witness how each of the heroes pair with each other and see their contributions to the fight for justice.
Each of the heroes are based in New York City, therefore, that is where most of the filming takes place for this miniseries. Some locations include:
- Central Park is where a lot of fighting scenes take place, but its first appearance in The Defenders is where Madame Gao (Wai Ching Ho) and Alexandra (Sigourney Weaver) have a private meeting. You can see this sight and others on the Central Park TV & Movie Sites Walking Tour.
- Iron Fist and his partner Colleen Wing (Jessica Henwick) return to New York by helicopter to the Wall Street Heliport, which is located on Pier 6 of Lower Manhattan
- Daredevil’s apartment is located across from a former police building located on 240 Centre Street
- Alexandra, who is one of the wealthiest women on the show, is given a private quartet performance in the Appel Room at Time Warner Center in Columbus Circle
- The Defenders investigate the Midland Circle Financial due to shell companies stemming from here. The building is actually located at 635 West 42nd Street despite the show giving a different address
- Madame Gao’s headquarters are on Eldridge street across from the Eldridge Street Synagogue
- Earlier in the series, Jessica Jones and Matt Murdock aka Daredevil track each other down on the streets of the East Village, on 2nd Avenue in between 8th and 4th Street
* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guide know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.