Discover where your favorite superheroes from The Avengers, Spider-Man, Batman, Superman, Jessica Jones and more saved the day.
THE PUNISHER FILMING LOCATIONS
We all deal with loss in different ways. Some might seek support from family and friends, others might completely break down and close themselves off. Marvel’s The Punisher explores just how dark losing those you care for can make you. Frank Castle (Jon Bernthal), also known as The Punisher, is a vigilante seeking revenge for the death of his family. Unlike other Marvel heroes, Castle has little to no moral compass and is not afraid to use violence and murder to obtain justice. While on his journey for revenge, Castle discovers a huge conspiracy that goes far beyond the death of his family, tying back to his past activity in the Marines. After killing those responsible for the murder of his family, Castle continues down his dark journey in hopes of exposing those in charge. Filming locations from The Punisher can be seen on the Super Tour of NYC.
After Frank Castle appeared on Marvel’s Daredevil, fans were intrigued by his eerie character and the way it was portrayed by the amazing Jon Bernthal. Their support for the character is one of the main reasons why he was given his own show set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe series along with Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Daredevil. Castle’s way of dealing with PTSD from his marine past and the death of his family is so raw and fascinating that fans were begging to see more of him.
Just like the other shows from the Marvel Cinematic Universe, The Punisher is set in NYC and has been filmed all throughout the city. Some locations include:
- The Williamsburg Bridge makes an appearance in the show, when Castle crosses the bridge on his way to a former military support group
- Agent Dinah Madani (Amber Rose Revah) visits her mother in her apartment located in Central Park West while discussing her case involving Castle. The apartment has a great view of the Trump World Tower and Columbus Circle
- The Manhattan Family Court building is used as the office of Homeland security, which is where Dinah works. The building is located at 60 Lafayette Street
- In one of Castle’s many flashbacks, he is on a Circle Line Boat with his kids and they spot the Statue of Liberty. The Statue of Liberty is located on Liberty Island in the New York Harbor
- Micro (Ebon Moss-Bachrach) is Castle’s tech savvy sidekick. As far as we know micro is hiding out in a super secret lair, until we find out it is located in the Roosevelt Island Steamplant. The steamplant also makes an appearance in Marvel’s Luke Cage and Gotham
- Senator Stan Ori (Rick Holmes) sets up his headquarters in the Roosevelt Hotel located in Midtown Manhattan
- Rawlins (Paul Schulz) and Marion James (Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio) discuss their plan to stop The Punisher outside of the Tudor City apartment building, also used for the Osborne apartment in the original Spider-Man trilogy
* In an effort to stay current, we are constantly updating our tours with new locations and cannot guarantee the presence of locations mentioned on our site. If you have a particular interest in locations from a specific TV show or movie, please let your tour guide know and we will do our best to accommodate your request.